Welcome to the homepage of FileZilla, the free FTP solution. Both a client and a server are available. FileZilla is open source software distributed free of charge under the terms of the GNU General Public License
Support is available through our forums, the wiki and the bug and feature request trackers.
In addition, you will find documentation on how to compile FileZilla and nightly builds for multiple platforms in the development section.
Quick download links
Pick the client if you want to transfer files. Get the server if you want to make files available for others.
2014-12-05 – FileZilla Client 3.10.0-beta2 released
Bugfixes and minor changes:
- Fixed uploads constantly timing out
- Log abbreviation now works correctly when cancelling a pending connection retry
- Fixed a timing issue in the updater. Users of 3.10.0-beta1 need to update manually.
- Speed limits no longer reset when opening the settings dialog
- Fix reporting of transfer progress
- Theme preview in the settings dialog now properly displays non-standard theme sizes
2014-12-03 – FileZilla Client 3.10.0-beta1 released
- FTP over TLS is now used by default if the server supports it. Use of plain FTP can be enforced for a server in the Site Manager
- Connection handling and transferring files has been moved into its own thread to improve GUI responsivenes
- The message log now only shows abbreviated logs unless an error occurs
- Added option to pre-allocate disk space when downloading files
- Files editing can now be started from the search dialog
- Directory trees and the Site Manager tree can now be drag-scrolled
- *nix: FileZilla no longer depends on libidn if getaddrinfo supports AI_IDN
2014-10-30 – FileZilla Server 0.9.48 released
- Allow use of the OPTS command prior to login
- EPSV and EPRT support are now advertised in the reponse to the FEAT command
- Minidumps are now automatically written in the installation directory in the unfortunate case of a server crash
Bugfixes and minor changes:
- Updated OpenSSL libraries and fixed memory leaks when unloading OpenSSL
2014-05-17 – FTP over TLS support added to https://ftptest.net/
The online FTP server tester https://ftptest.net/ has been updated with FTP over TLS support. Both the modern explicit TLS negotiation as well as the legacy implicit negotiation can be tested.
The server tester can be used by server administrators and users to verify that their server has been setup correctly and in full accordance with the FTP specifications. The test tool has been specifically designed to point out even the smallest of problems, to ensure that servers passing the test are compatible with as many clients as possible.
2014-01-28 – Advisory: Malware downloads on third-party websites
As recently published on the avast! blog, modified versions of FileZilla tainted with malware are being distributed on some third-party websites.
This is by no means a new threat. While this instance is one of the largest to date, there have been many cases of modified versions spreading malware hosted on third-party websites for over a decade. We do not condone these actions and are taking measures to get the known offenders removed. Note that we cannot in general prevent tainted versions on third-party websites or prove their authenticity, especially since the FileZilla Project promotes beneficial redistribution and modifications of FileZilla in the spirit of free open source software and the GNU General Public License.
To avoid any risk when downloading FileZilla, we recommend that you only download FileZilla from the official FileZilla website or from SourceForge, the official download partner of FileZilla and many other open source projects.
To check the authenticity of your version of FileZilla, the SHA-512 hash of the unmodified FileZilla_3.7.3_win32-setup.exe is f56716044dcf1239d09343d11422b26230fb14419a4e85b702a03080550bc9e69e1c7ec22312874701de54c1ed4085e0f468d93d4993b36eabd704406b3567ff
In case you no longer have the installer, the SHA-512 hash of the installed filezilla.exe in version 3.7.3 is d6d68f564295a878ba6cdf1d79cc90b4cff4fb98177bf5aac0eb22ad3757f8997e2de718e290eb97520892d04a8d2388bb2bcb71b785d05c2b59b037abf6d28f